Applications for the YWCA Young Women as Advocates of Peace and Justice training are now being accepted! Are you a young woman interested in deepening your knowledge of gender equality and peace and justice issues? Would you like to strengthen your leadership and advocacy skills whilst meeting young women from other cultures and backgrounds? If the answer is ‘yes’ apply to the YWCA Young Women as Advocates of Peace and Justice training today!
Dates: Sunday, 12th June 2016 to Wednesday 15th June 2016
Location: YWCA/YMCA Glenada Holiday and Conference Centre, Newcastle, Co. Down, Northern Ireland
This residential training is part of a collaborative peace and justice project between YWCA Ireland, YWCA Britain and YWCA Palestine. Set in the beautiful surroundings of the Mourne mountains the training aims to;
- bring together young women from different countries, cultures and backgrounds to explore the perspectives and experiences of conflict, peace and justice;
- equip young women as leaders to advocate for peace and gender equality locally, nationally and internationally;
- raise awareness and increase understanding of the challenges faced by young women living in conflict and post conflict situations.
The training will include a study visit to Belfast, practical, interactive and informative workshops and plenty of opportunities to have fun and make new friends and contacts!
This training is fully funded by the World YWCA Power to Change Fund, however, places are limited.
The cost of transport to and from the training venue, accommodation, meals and training activities and materials will be covered for successful applicants.
Applicants should be:
- Young women aged 30 or under who are resident in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland;
- Available from the 12th – 15th June to participate in the ENTIRE training;
- Interested in growing their leadership skills, peace and justice issues and the wider work of YWCA Ireland and the World YWCA
Have questions or would like more information before applying? Contact Janet by telephone on 01 644 9536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our application form here: PeaceandJusticeTrainingApplicationForm
Closing date for applications 22nd April 2016